The main objective of the EnSaCo Oil Spill project was to raise the level of expertise and to intensify cross-border shoreline response cooperation between authorities and NGOs in Estonia, Finland, Sweden and Russia.
The project had five work packages, of which one was dedicated to oiled wildlife response:
- WP1 Project management and coordination
- WP2 Developing efficient tools for cross-border shoreline oil spill response management
- WP3 Developing and training oiled wildlife response
- WP4 Developing and training practical cross-border shoreline oil spill response
- WP5 Developing and organizing a management level learning arena (seminars and workshops) for shoreline oil spill response + communication with stakeholders.
EnSaCo was financed under the Central Baltic INTERREG IV A Programme 2007-2013, a European territorial co-operation programme funding cross-border projects in the central Baltic Sea area consisting of parts of Estonia, Finland (incl. Åland), Latvia and Sweden.